changing question position

PennController for IBEX Forums Support changing question position

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kvp
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using dashed sentence with question presentation after each trial. I’m using the ‘present horizontally’ option to display the question, currently with two possible choices at the bottom.
    I would like to change the question position such that the answer choices appear above the question, not below.

I’ve tried to edit different parts of the global css for question, and editing the question controller itself, but I can’t figure this one out. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

This sounds like a native-Ibex specific question. I think editing the Question controller would indeed be the obvious solution if you want to stick to native Ibex. You would move lines 150-151 (if (! (this.qp === undefined)) / this.element.append(this.qp);) below line 159 (this.element.append(table.append(tr.append(td.append(this.xl))));)

Or you can use PennController, which was precisely design to give you more control over the design of you Ibex experiments 😉 For example:

newTrial(
        newController("DashedSentence",{s: "This is a simple test sentence"})
            .print()
            .log()
            .wait()
            .remove()
        newScale("answer", "Answer1", "Answer2").button().log().print()
        newText("This is a question").print()
        getScale("answer").wait()
    )

Jeremy

kvp
    Participant

sorry for posting on the wrong forum! PennController does sound like a good idea I’ll be honest, I’ll try it out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.