Change audio recording from stereo to mono

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Change audio recording from stereo to mono

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ginopino09
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    I am running my experiment with PCibex and I’m collecting audio samples. The participants have some issues with the uploading the files to our server because it takes two or three minutes although the zip folder is 60mb, and I am worried that it could run time out. I need to make acoustic analysis so I need good quality audio, but mono audio would be more than enough. Is there a possibility to change the setting of the recording function to mono recording?
    or any other suggestions to reduce the size of the files?

Thank you

Giorgio

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Giorgio,

There is no PennController command to change the recording settings at the moment, unfortunately. What I can suggest, if you’re not already doing so, is uploading the samples asynchronously using UploadRecordings

Let me know if you have questions

Jeremy

ginopino09
    Participant

Thank you Jeremy,
    yes that was another option. I’ll go for it, thanks!
    Since we are here, I have another silly question: is there a way to give link to the experiment that is usable only once? I don’t mean a unique link for participant as The URL method does. I mean a link that can run the experiment only once and not as many times as the participant wants. Thank you

PS sorry maybe I should open another question?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

An optimal solution would require that your participant provide a unique ID code, and that the server not serve the rest of the experiment if the unique ID code has already been submitted. Unfortunately this goes beyond the scope of PCIbex, which is a client-based javascript engine.

You could try to use the browser’s cookies, or local storage, but your participants could always clear their cache and/or use other browsers to take the experiment again.

Your best shot is probably to tell your participants that only their first submission will be taken into account. This is what I do: if I find more than one submission for a participant, I only grant them credits for the first one and leave the subsequent ones out of my analyses.

Jeremy

ginopino09
    Participant

Thank you very much, I’ll simply tell them to do it only once.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.