Audio/video recording and multi-player

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Audio/video recording and multi-player

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rubyzqz
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I have some general questions regarding setting up an online experiment that involves collecting audio/video recordings and potentially assigning pairs of subjects to hear or see each other in a joint session.

I was wondering that, when screening participants’ recording quality before the start of the study, is it possible to connect the recorded audio/video file to another server, such as MATLAB, so that we can run our own code on MATLAB to examine the sound quality and determine in real-time whether they can move onto the experiment?

Also, can we do multi-player studies where paired participants can interact through audio or video?

Thanks for the help!
    Ruby

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Ruby,

Unfortunately what you’re describing won’t be feasible with PCIbex, or you’d need to code so many extra layers that it doesn’t really make sense to use PCIbex as a starting point.

PCIbex is ill-suited for any sort of multi-player study at the moment. Judging from a quick look around, it looks like there are some resources: Empirica, oTree, nodeGame, TurkServer, and there might be more. I have never designed an online synchronuous experiment, and am not familiar with those tools, so I can’t speak to how user-friendly they are.

Jeremy

rubyzqz
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy! I’ll check out those platforms.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.