(FIXED) Almost all results missing

PennController for IBEX Forums Support (FIXED) Almost all results missing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    boat999
    Participant

EDIT: The data is back!

Hi PciBex community,

For an ongoing project, we are supposed to have 65 submissions. I had downloaded about 40 of these a few days ago without problems. However, when I download all results now, all but the most recent (65th) submission are blank. The blank ones just look like this:

# Columns below this comment are as follows:
    # 1. Results reception time.
    # 2. MD5 hash of participant's IP address.
    # 3. Controller name.
    # 4. Order number of item.
    # 5. Inner element number.
    # 6. Label.
    # 7. Latin Square Group.

I know the data was there before because I was able to download most of it on April 7th. Now all but one entry are blank. Is this a temporary issue or a serious data loss? Thanks for any input!

This is the project: https://farm.pcibex.net/experiments/WdJvzf/edit

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by boat999.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by boat999. Reason: no longer relevant
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

This sounds like an issue with the client-server communication, where the client (your browser) was able to retrive the list of submissions, but not the corresponding rows (except for the ones in the preview, ie. those of the most recent submission). When that happens, your page “sees” the list of submissions in the cache but does not realize the rows are missing, so it won’t try to download them again if you just click on “Download” again. You need to refresh the page to clear the cache so your browser tries downloading the rows again (and hopefully the same problem does not happen again)

Jeremy

jjgreen
    Participant

I have a similar problem, but only one data set is missing. When I download the data (18 submissions), all of it is there, except the 11th submission, which just has this:

#
    # Results on Wed, 30 Aug 2023 17:18:24 GMT
    # USER AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
    # Design number was non-random = 1
    #
    # Columns below this comment are as follows:
    # 1. Results reception time.
    # 2. MD5 hash of participant's IP address.
    # 3. Controller name.
    # 4. Order number of item.
    # 5. Inner element number.
    # 6. Label.
    # 7. Latin Square Group.

I tried refreshing the page, logging out and back in, but it still is missing that one person’s data. Any thoughts?

Here’s a demo link to this project: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/zNvpRG/

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by jjgreen.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.