Reply To: Randomizing trials, with 1/5 of trials followed by a comprehension question

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Randomizing trials, with 1/5 of trials followed by a comprehension question Reply To: Randomizing trials, with 1/5 of trials followed by a comprehension question

jackying
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you so much for your help!

I’ve figured out codes to run the experiment, and I have three more questions with presentation and formatting. Here’s the demonstration link https://farm.pcibex.net/r/ogzxLk/

1) I want to present the conversations in a way that one line is added to the conversation with each click/keypress. That is,

First screen:
line 1

second screen:
line 1
line 2

third screen:
line 1
line 2
line 3

etc

I used <br> to segment lines in each conversation, and I’m wondering if there’s a simple way for me to implement the abovementioned way of presentation with my use of <br>(s).

2) I tried to find in the PCibex manual codes to adjust spaces between lines but didn’t find them. It would be nice if you can suggest ways to adjust the default spaces between lines so that they don’t look too cramped.

3) I want to present aligned utterances of different speakers so that it’s easier to see who’s talking. Currently, my texts look like this.

Mother: xxxxx.
xxxxx.
Child: xxxxx.
Mother: xxxxxx.

So the format I want would be something like the following.

Mother:   xxxxxxx.
          xxxxxxx.
Child:    xxxxxxx.
Mother:   xxxxxxx.

My input files are .csv files (originally .xlsx files), so I’m guessing I’ll either have to edit the texts in excel or do it over PCibex (if there’s a way to do that).

These are my remaining questions. Thank you for your time!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by jackying.