Reply To: Comprehension question and rshuffle in self-paced reading

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Comprehension question and rshuffle in self-paced reading Reply To: Comprehension question and rshuffle in self-paced reading

JunLyu
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for two more questions. I referenced the advanced tutorial (https://doc.pcibex.net/advanced-tutorial/11_collecting-participant-info.html) when embedding an html collecting the participants’ demographic information (age, gender, other languages, etc.). Here’s the bit of code I used:

newTrial("subject_info",
    newHtml("subject_info", "info.html") // info.html is a page collecting people's demographic info
        .cssContainer({"width":"720px"})
        .checkboxWarning("I agree to proceed")
        .print()
    newButton("continue", "click to continue")
        .center()
        .print()
        .wait(getHtml("subject_info").test.complete()
                  .failure(getHtml("csubject_info").warn())
        )
)

But I found that no participant’s information has been stored. Do I need to add another command to “log” their responses?

Another issue is that each participant has been assigned a label consisting of digits and letters. I thought these labels were unique for each participant (so that when I run my mixed model, each participant will be treated separately). But I think this is not always the case. Sometimes, two participants have been assigned the same label. I wonder when that might happen, and is there some good way to avoid this?