Reply To: Missing data (Failed submission)

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Missing data (Failed submission) Reply To: Missing data (Failed submission)

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately that submission was sent to the farm’s servers precisely at the beginning of a short downtime episode, at 2:12am GMT on January 13. The submission entry was created, but the service crashed right before the data could be saved to memory

Unfortunately there is not much you can do on your end. I have been monitoring the problem more closely these past couple days, and the crashes appear to happen when there is a lot of incoming data at once, so minimizing the data in the submissions is good practice, but in your case, we’re talking about only 30 lines per submission, which is already very little

My attempts at controlling or working around those crashes have not been the most successful so far. The service is supposed to temporarily save a copy of the incoming data on disk before sending it to the database, but even that copy seems to have failed to be saved in your case

I apologize for the inconvenience. I am still actively working on addressing the issue

Jeremy