Reply To: How to add a "come back" button to the practice trial

PennController for IBEX Forums Support How to add a "come back" button to the practice trial Reply To: How to add a "come back" button to the practice trial

Larissa_Cury
Participant

Hi, Jeremy! Thanks for your answer!

I guess I’m doing something wrong…whenever I put the code on the second instruction page (“E”, after the practice trial), the trial ends after the practice and it doesn’t even show the other instruction (E) set.

newTrial("instructions_E",
  newText("instructions-1","Are you ready?")
  .cssContainer({
    "border": "5px solid black",
    "background-color": "yellow",
    "color": "black",
    "font-size":"50px"})
    .center()
    .print()
newText("instructions-6","<p>Feel free to take a break now</p>")
    .cssContainer({
    "font-size":"22px",
    "text-align": "center"})
    .center()
    .print()
newImage("boy-image","boy.png")
.size(200,200)
.center()
.print()
newText("instructions-7","<p><center> If you want to practice again, click on the button below")
    .cssContainer({
    .center()
    .print()
newButton("come back","PRACTICE AGAIN")
  .callback(jump ("intructions_D"), end () )
  .center()
  .print()
  .wait()
newText("instructions-8","<p><center>When you feel <b style=color:red;>READY</b>, click on the button below:</p></center>")
    .cssContainer({
    .center()
    .print()
newButton("wait","START THE GAME")
.center()
.print()
.wait()
);

My practice trial, in fact, is a r(shuffle) of eight trials, that’s why I’m trying to come back to the last instruction page before the practice trial begins, I don’t know if the .callback function would apply to this: (but it would be okay if it came back to instructions_D)

this is my actual “pratice trial” : rshuffle("p_trial_1_no_cue_UP","p_trial_1_no_cue_DOWN","p_trial_2_center_cue_UP","p_trial_2_center_cue_DOWN","p_trial_3_double_cue_UP","p_trial_3_double_cue_DOWN","p_trial_4_spatial_cue_UP","p_trial_4_spatial_cue_DOWN")

I tried to write just “.callback(“intructions_D”)”, the instructions_E page appeared, but fun thing the button didn’t return to the instruction_D page, when I clicked on it, it just lauched the “start the game button” . This is my actual sequence sequence, I tried to simply it earlier, but maybe I’ve omitted something important:

Sequence("instructions_A", "instructions_B", "instructions_C", "instructions_D", rshuffle("p_trial_1_no_cue_UP","p_trial_1_no_cue_DOWN","p_trial_2_center_cue_UP","p_trial_2_center_cue_DOWN","p_trial_3_double_cue_UP","p_trial_3_double_cue_DOWN","p_trial_4_spatial_cue_UP","p_trial_4_spatial_cue_DOWN"),"instructions_E", rshuffle("trial_1_no_cue_UP","trial_1_no_cue_DOWN","trial_2_center_cue_UP","trial_2_center_cue_DOWN","trial_3_double_cue_UP","trial_3_double_cue_DOWN","trial_4_spatial_cue_UP","trial_4_spatial_cue_DOWN"),"send","telaFinal");

thanks in advance!