Reply To: Ensuring subjects who take the experiment multiple times see different data.

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Ensuring subjects who take the experiment multiple times see different data. Reply To: Ensuring subjects who take the experiment multiple times see different data.

Hi Jeremy,

Do you think it would be possible to log the groups the subject sees then subsequently use these logs to ensure the next time the subject is encountered by the experiment (I explicitly collect this ID in the beginning of the experiment) they’re given some new group of stimuli? In effect, the experiment would consult some log file for every run, check the ID of the subject with respect to the groups of stimuli recorded for the subject in the log file, then give the subject a new group, then log this new group for the subject ID. I guess this would require logging two files, one the experiment results, the second the file where the lines correspond to unique IDs plus the groups they’ve seen. Then the experiment would need to consult its own second log file. Could this be done in PC Ibex or would I need to do the checking of the info in the second log by some other program (which might be embedded in the experiment script, since JS is quite expressive)?

Best,
Symon