Reply To: Choosing subet of items to present

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Choosing subet of items to present Reply To: Choosing subet of items to present

Jeremy
Keymaster

This line row => newTrial("experiment", row.cond + "-" + row.item, labels all your trials "experiment" and does nothing of row.cond + "-" + row.item. If your table has A, B, etc. in cond, simply delete "experiment", and that part should work fine (I think)

You also reference a variable dist in the first pick function of Sequence but you have defined no such variable: I think the variable name you mean there is fillers, which three lines above you have reference all the trials (in a random order) whose label starts with “dist”. You will only have such trials (that is, after deleting "experiment",) assuming that cond in your table is dist (or at least starts with dist) for your filler items

One last thing: you need to close the parenthesis of you newController immediately after the } (and then accordingly delete one of the three closing parentheses at the end of your code)

Because your calls to pick all have 1 as their second argument, your code will include 16 trials in your run: 1 experimental trial, 1 filler trial, 1 experimental trial, 1 filler trial, and so on

FYI, you can also share code with me (and readers of the forum) by sharing the demonstration link of your project (option “Share” in your project’s right panel menu)

Jeremy