Reply To: How do I add a short experiment trial before the actual experiment?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support How do I add a short experiment trial before the actual experiment? Reply To: How do I add a short experiment trial before the actual experiment?

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi,

The problem does come from the Sequence command indeed, although you can actually use it wherever you want, it does not matter to PennController.*

There are a couple problematic aspects. First, you have two Sequence commands: the first one references trials labeled "experiment-trial2", the second one references trials labeled "experiment-trial". The second Sequence command overrides the first one, which is why the trials labeled "experiment-trial2" (presumably the ones you mean to run before the full experiment) end up not being included in your experiment run.

Second, both your Sequence commands also reference trials labeled "instructions" and "send". However, one trial that you create is labeled "instructions2", so that one simply won’t be included in your experiment run. Moreover, there is no trial explicitly labeled "send": although it’s pretty clear to us humans that you want to include the trial generated by your SendResults() command, the program won’t just infer that, so you should explicitly label that trial by using SendResults("send") instead.

Finally, you should also label your very last trial (“final screen”) and reference the label after "send" in the Sequence command, so that your final screen is indeed included as the very last screen in your experiment (after the results have been sent)

Let me know if you have questions

Jeremy

* The only constraint is, if you use the prefix-less Sequence instead of PennController.Sequence, it must come after PennController.ResetPrefix(null)