Reply To: reaction time results appear in different two columns

PennController for IBEX Forums Support reaction time results appear in different two columns Reply To: reaction time results appear in different two columns

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t see anything wrong with the lines you directly copied from your results file, so I suspect that the linebreaks visible in your screenshots are inserted by the software that you use to open the file. You do not need, and actually you probably should not, open the results file with a spreadsheet editor before analyzing it in R. When you’re in your project on the farm, simply click the eye icon under your results file to open its content in a new tab, and when you’re on that new tab, use your browser’s “Save as” (or “Save Page As”) option to save it on your local device. If you don’t enter a new filename, the file that gets saved should normally be simply named results, without any extension. Whether you add an extension or not to the filename, the content of the file is already comma-separated values (CSV), so there is no need to convert it or save it again after opening it in a spreadsheet editor. Just point to the unedited file you just saved with your browser from within the read.csv function in your R script, and I don’t see a reason why you should experience this problem.

If you follow this procedure and still experience a problem, feel free to send me your results file at support@pcibex.net—I won’t share its content with anyone and will delete it immediately after troubleshooting your problem, but you only have my word for it, so make sure it is OK to send me your results file before doing it

Jeremy