Reply To: Randomization of Stimuli Across Blocks

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Randomization of Stimuli Across Blocks Reply To: Randomization of Stimuli Across Blocks

AndreasK
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, it works fine now. Will it work with this code in other browsers as well or do I need to change the code according to which browser my participants use?

Thanks a lot for explaining the code in detail. That was very helpful for me and I understand the syntax much better now.

I’d have one more question. Is it possible to add another variable here. For example, both the familiar and the unfamiliar accent will be presented in two voices. I’ve created a table below following your example with leftRight and RightLeft:

AddTable("myTable",leftRight_1,leftRight_2,rightLeft_1,rightLeft_2
hello_1,hello_2,olleh_1,olleh_2
world_1,world_2,dlrow_1,dlrow_2
bye_1,bye_2,eyb_1,eyb_2
mate_1,mate_2,etam_1,etam_2)

The numbers following the words indicate the voices (two for familiar/leftRight and two for unfamiliar/RightLeft). Ideally, the randomization would be such that participant A e.g. hears ‘bye_1’, ‘world_2’, ‘etam_1’, ‘olleh_2’. Participant B hears e.g. ‘mate_1’, ‘hello_2’, ‘dlrow_1’ and ‘eyb_2’. Basically, I would like the same randomization as above but now also including the factor ‘voice’. Is there a way of achieving this?

I’ve tried to edit the code myself but I only achieved partly what I wanted and I had to use two tables. However, this makes a random choice of sentences impossible as I would have to decide which words will be leftRight or rightLeft by allocating them to the corresponding table.

Andreas

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by AndreasK.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by AndreasK.