Reply To: Mysterious "code" showing up in results file

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Mysterious "code" showing up in results file Reply To: Mysterious "code" showing up in results file

leaena
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

How are we intended to be using the validation code? As it is, we can use it as a unique participant identifier (if I’m understanding it correctly) which we were doing before by the unique combinations of md5Hash and timeReceived. However I am curious to know what validation method you are using and how, since the posting method I am using right now is this: https://github.com/jhupsycholing/mturk-microbatcher which is an app written by Brian Leonard at U Rochester, that posts 9 at a time (for fee reasons) and does other things like exclude blacklists and duplicate IP addresses, but which unfortunately does not allow for individual participant code validation. I am not sure how I would use a unique identifier like that even if we were not using this batcher, though – we used to use randomly generated numbers. So I am interested to know what use this code is intended to be put to and how that works.

Thanks for anything I can learn! Much appreciated.
Leo