Reply To: logging scale choice by key pressing

PennController for IBEX Forums Support logging scale choice by key pressing Reply To: logging scale choice by key pressing

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi Roberto,

Well, it looks like I should go back to the .settings.cssContainer command and check how it ends up overwriting any CSS rules from the CSS file, which is definitely unexpected on my part.

I understand though how it comes that only the first in a series of .settings.cssContainer commands ends up being effective (when called before the element is printed at least) it’s expected behavior (not sure it’s a desired feature though, maybe it should be cumulative instead). Anyway, if you need to pass multiple CSS rules at once, you can do this:

newScale("scale", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7")
           .settings.before( newText("1", "very bad")
                .settings.css("font-size", "large")
                .settings.cssContainer({"margin-right": "30px",
                                        "vertical-align": "15"})

(By the way, I am not sure what you mean by “15” here—see the list of accepted values for vertical-align)

In any case, if you have the option of dealing with the CSS exclusively from within PennController.css, I would recommend doing so, as all CSS would be coming from a uniform source, and there should be no issues about ignoring/overwriting other rules that happen with .settings.cssContainer and .settings.css.