Reply To: Some questions about setting up an eyetracking experiment

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Some questions about setting up an eyetracking experiment Reply To: Some questions about setting up an eyetracking experiment

sangheekim
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your help!

Re your response to question 4: did you mean to include just that line before the Selector element? I think I’m getting a syntax error. I replaced call() with run().

Also, I’m trying to change this code in a way that, in the initial calibration stage, the participants get 3 chances for calibration (with threshold 60), and when they do not pass the first two calibration processes, they get a message to readjust themselves, and when they finally fail to pass the final calibration step, they get a message that they cannot participate. Then the second component I’d like to include is the between-the-trial-calibration stage, where before each trial, we check whether the score is above 50, and if not, they are directed to the initial calibration process, where they have a threshold of 50 and again given 3 chances for calibration. Similar to the initial calibration stage, when they do not pass the first two calibration processes, they get a message to readjust themselves. When they finally fail to pass the final calibration step, they get a message that they cannot participate, but this time with a confirmation code they can enter on Prolific.

So basically I’d like to set the initial calibration stage as 60, and the intermediate ones as 50, and give 3 chances to re-calibrate. But people who fail to pass the initial calibration stage cannot participate, but those who pass the initial round of calibration process but fail to pass the threshold during the trials do get a confirmation code.

Here is a demo link I have: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/poplCg/

Best,
Sanghee