Reply To: Eyetracking experiment: Uploading and downloading material to server

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Eyetracking experiment: Uploading and downloading material to server Reply To: Eyetracking experiment: Uploading and downloading material to server

sangheekim
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.

I had a follow-up question on your previous reply on understanding the columns of the eyetracking data. The reply you gave me is copy pasted here: “The columns starting with _ are named after the elements you added to the EyeTracker element, and report 0 or 1, depending on whether the (X,Y) coordinates that were estimated by the tracker fell within the boundaries of the corresponding element at that time point.”

I was curious to know where the “boundaries of the corresponding element” is defined.

The size of the image in my experiment is set up as 20vh*20vh, and I have a code in the main.js file that defines the canvas size of the visual stimuli:

newCanvas("TopLeft", "50vw", "50vh")
    .add("center at 50%", "middle at 50%", newImage(images[0])) // retrieve the first image from the shuffled array
    .print("center at 25%", "middle at 25%")
    .log()

Does this mean that if the participant’s eye gaze falls within the boundary of within the left 50% of the width of the screen and 50% of the height of the screen, the data will be marked as 1 for TopLeft column?

Does the image not matter in this case?

Thank you so much!

Best,
Sanghee